Want to see all this on video? Check out my YouTube episode!
I found a slice of heaven on an island called Bastimentos in Panama. Nestled on the quiet side of Bastimentos Island, Red Frog Beach Resort is quite literally paradise on Earth.
When my contact at the resort, Dan, said I’d be set up in a “Villa” I had no idea he meant a three bedroom house…
Imagine my surprise when Gerald, the man from the front desk who was assisting with my bags, pulled up the car to this.
My first thought: “What will I do with all this space?!”
And my second: “Look at that pool! I’m never leaving…EVER!”
I’ve never had my own private pool before, and now that I have, I’m not sure I’ll ever be the same. Each morning I woke up excited to jump out of bed and go outside to the sit outside with my coffee. There really isn’t anything as spectacular as overlooking the Caribbean from a private pool, and I got to enjoy it for five whole days.
Princess Mode was in full effect.
My villa was beautiful, but the resort itself was the real stunner.
The resort borders the Bastimentos National Marine Park and has a design that compliments its surroundings- lush green and tropical. You may even spot a sloth on a tree while roaming around the resort, how great is that?
Then there are places to hang out, meet other travelers and get a yummy cocktail.
The Beach Club, La Rosa and The Point restaurant felt comfortable and relaxed, yet upscale and luxurious, a tough balance to master.
I spent hours by the beach in one of these lounge chairs and it felt so relaxing listening to the waves, with my coconut water in hand and the sun on my skin.
The grounds of the resort are expansive and I had fun exploring every corner, especially the beaches which were nearly empty most of the time. Is there anything more seductive than a secluded private beach?
The resort covers a few miles and difficult to navigate on foot, so they offer golf carts. I was given one on day two and immediately got excited. I don’t know about you, but I think riding around in a golf cart with my headphones in, listening to Ed Sheeran, may just be better than cruising down the highway back home (hold your “Heather you’re secretly an old lady” jokes). I love a good joyride in a golf cart, especially at a place like this!
Way too much fun!
Picture this: You’re cruising around in your golf cart looking out over stunning views of the Caribbean and lush greenery between you and the waterline, when you come up to a sign that says this…
Try not to smile. I dare you.
More highlights from my stay:
- Extremely comfortable beds with luxurious bedding. Dare I say it, but I think the sheets here are the best sheets I’ve slept in anywhere abroad.
- Amenities. They really thought of everything, down to the (actually good quality) shampoo and conditioner placed in the room. There was even a laundry room in the villa with laundry detergent supplied so I could do my laundry at “home.”
- Professional and friendly staff. This was the most professional team of people I’ve seen in Panama yet. Everyone was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. I always felt very welcome and take care of. Another cool thing about the staff is how genuinely happy they all seem to be at their jobs. It’s refreshing to see people really enjoying their work!
- The food. The Executive Chef is a former fashion designer, believe it or not, and when you order one of the dishes at The Point or La Rosa, you can see the elements of design behind the dish. The ingredients they use are delicious and fresh, and the presentation is beautiful.
- The market. There’s going to be nights you just want to stay in and enjoy the villa (there’s a full kitchen), versus trekking down to the restaurants. For those nights, there’s a market down in the front of the Resort by reception. How convenient is that?!
- Unlimited Coconuts. I spent hours by the pool at La Rosa and drank many a coconut, picked fresh my Umberto who works at the Beach Club.
I could go on and on about my experience at this resort, but I’ll just leave you to booking your own trip out here.
Trust me, Red Frog Beach Resort is the place to stay if you’re wanting a luxury getaway in the Caribbean- and really, who doesn’t?
[wpvideo V0DPk4Q4 ]
Where you can find Red Frog Beach Resort: